|

Brian Westbrook Join 49ers For 1 Year

Brian Westbrook wants so much to be part of a winning team, that he accepted the backup across the country with the San Francisco 49ers.

49ers signed free agent running back in the 1-year contract on Monday was $ 1.25 million guaranteed provision Westbrook second chance, he seeks in recent months. St. Louis Rams, Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins and other groups deal with Westbrook, who finally said that his decision was not all about money, at this point.



San - Francisco finished 8-8 last season and will decide nothing less than reaching the playoffs this year and ending with 7 years of drought Matches.

"My concern about the number one throughout the process of going to the winning team, football team, who was the coach of a man I respect and a team that had a winning tradition and players who could do that," Westbrook said when formally introduced on Monday evening. "I think I found all these things here in San Francisco. It was a long process, but in the end, I think it turned out well for me."

Coach Mike Singletary has made things very clear to his potential players: Frank Gore Niners' № 1 back. And it is unlikely to change.


It's good to Westbrook, who still believes that he can be every down back, but that it struck the activities of the body in recent seasons may be a sign he was better suited to take on a lesser role at present.

"Frank man," said Westbrook. "He's done tremendous things in the past, Pro Bowls, a talented guy, I respected his game from afar. In Philadelphia, I watched and studied him very much. I'm going to go out and push it as I can and help him as much as I can, and I am sure he will do the same for me, so I better. "Of course, it will be for beginners, but I'll be the guy behind him pushing him away. Any chance I get to go there and make plays.

Westbrook, who turns 31 on Sept. 2, was released by Philadelphia Eagles in February after an injury-filled 2009. He is looking for a new team since then, say a few coaches from the various franchises.

"When I talked to Brian Westbrook, I just wanted him to know how much I respected him as a player. The fact that he is still there at the moment, I'm just thankful that it was a variant of" Singletary. "The more we talked, and the possibility that, being able to develop, it was great. But I wanted him to know about our team and about Frank:" Frank Gore guy. Frank Gore, we ran back. I do not want to deceive you and you believe that another, and when you get here it's like wait a minute, I could somewhere else. "

Westbrook rushed for 5,995 yards and 37 touchdowns on 1,308 carries in eight seasons with the NFL all the Eagles, and caught 426 passes for 3790 yards and 29 TD.

Westbrook knows that he will be little time to adapt to new scenarios.

Niners was void to fill after Glen Coffee, backup Gore abruptly announced he was leaving football after one season of NFL.

Although Singletary has high hopes for a career of coffee, he was thrilled to get a veteran with a summary in Westbrook.

"This is a very young offense. We have many tools, young guys," Singletary said. "I think it really adds a significant value in terms of leadership, experience, being part of good football teams. This adds a lot to our team on the offensive side of the ball. "

Westbrook led the NFL in the 2104 meters from the landfill in 2007, but missed eight games last season with a pair of concussion and ankle injury, but scored only two touchdowns.

He says doctors told him that he was good to go and Westbrook is not afraid to take another hard blow. Nevertheless, he welcomed a new start with the Niners.

"I am completely healthy. In my opinion, last year was a tough season for me," he said. "I spent the whole off-season rehabbing, I have not had time to prepare for the season short, I went into the season, the blind, without any training at all. So it was a tough year. I've been playing catch up and the whole season, probably not in a position to do so. This year I managed to spend my off-season preparation of the football season. Now, when my body is completely healthy, I'm ready to go out and perform. "

Notes: TE-Vernon Davis (strained right knee) was listed as day to return. "Whatever he needs," said Singletary calendar Davies. "He looks good, looks good." ... LB Travis LaBoy, who suffered a concussion the first week, was released in practice Tuesday. Member, LB Ahmad Brooks could start cycling and possibly also running this week as he recovers from a torn kidney, which injured on August 6. ... The second team CB Will James will miss 4 to 6 weeks of the foot, while newcomer Returner Kyle Williams sprained his thumb and will be evaluated in a few weeks. ... The new C David Baas showed enough Singletary 37-17 exhibition victory Sunday over the Colts, he penciled in as the starter at the moment. It had previously been considered competition with Tony Wragge and Cody Wallace.

Posted by Bilal on 11:08 AM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Feel free to leave a response

0 comments for "Brian Westbrook Join 49ers For 1 Year"

Leave a reply

Recently Commented

Recently Added